Most individuals, particularly millennials, spend a significant amount of time on social media via their cell phones. Many of them tend to publish all of their news and images on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and other social media platforms.
These platforms are the first method to keep up with friends’ news and interact with the rest of the world in order to make purchases and sales. Because of the growing usage of social networks, direct selling, also known as social commerce, has emerged.
What is social commerce?
Social commerce is one of the most recent e-commerce innovations, allowing users to purchase directly through social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others, completing the complete purchasing process without leaving these platforms. This is in contrast to the traditional e-commerce strategy, which focuses on driving visitors to online businesses to make the transaction.
Purchasing excursions using social networking platforms exceed many typical online store purchases. It provides clients with more streamlining and takes fewer clicks and journeys, allowing the customer to buy with simple straightforward steps as opposed to typical online purchases that involve more difficult procedures, which may cause customers to hesitate and withdraw from purchasing the goods.
This type of social network commerce is focused on seizing the moment when the consumer’s purchase intent and passion for the product is at its peak, urging him to buy and providing him with a quick solution to finish the transaction before he reconsiders. This is achieved by offering interactive marketing alternatives that allow customers to experience a combination of convenience, excitement, and pleasure when making a purchase, such as:
– Allow people to vote on the product’s quality.
– Providing alternatives that are compatible with the personalities of potential clients.
– Make use of eye-catching imagery.
– Use videos to see the product from various perspectives.
– Respond to potential consumers’ remarks.
– Add the product to the shopping basket immediately.
– Offering discounts to clients who share the goods on their social media profiles.
1. Social commerce via Facebook
With over 2.2 billion Facebook users, there is a significant chance to reach a large audience of your potential clients. Facebook provides excellent tools for getting started in the sphere of social commerce, such as the inclusion of a purchase button with a payment option through Messenger, which allows the customer to obtain the product without leaving Facebook.
In addition to the “Facebook Marketplace” a beneficial destination for customers to explore items and find what they’re searching for by filtering results by location, category, and price.
How can I get started with Facebook social trading?
1. Begin by creating a Facebook profile for your brand, then go to settings and look for “templates and tabs,” then find and enable the “shop” option.
2. Facebook will ask you to specify details such as your business address, license number, and bank account information in order for your store to be legal, allowing you to perform financial transactions with clients safely. It will also request information such as delivery options, refund policies, and so forth.
3. After you’ve launched your Facebook store, you’ll be able to add a description of your brand, which encourages buyers to take the effort to buy for the first time, so make sure it’s accurate and appealing.
4. Now comes the stage of adding items, uploading photographs, writing descriptions for them, and listing pricing. You may also organize things into groups to make them simpler to search and sell.
2. Selling on Instagram
Because of its appealing style of showcasing things through photographs and videos, Instagram is one of the top social commerce and direct selling platforms.
In addition to the “Shop Now” and “product tags” features, which allow the user to quickly identify the information of the items he is interested in as well as their costs. In addition to the “Instagram Shopping” function, which allows you to tag your product photographs when you publish them on other accounts, allowing customers to go straight to your platform store to make a purchase.
How do you create your own Instagram store?
1. You must change the settings of your Instagram account to a business account.
2. Within you’ve linked your company account to your product directory, you’ll be able to place your brand after a week or two.
3. Begin by showcasing your items in an appealing manner, such as by connecting the product to a specific lifestyle, since an image with intriguing details aids in attracting clients’ attention to your product.
4. In addition to the price, make sure to provide all product details, including any descriptions.
5. Because you’re on a social network, pay attention to your followers’ remarks. Your interactions with them will increase their trust in your business and will also help you strengthen your position on the platform.
3. Social Commerce on Pinterest
Pinterest is a social media platform that is very similar to Instagram. It’s packed with eye-catching graphic stuff, as well as a purchasable tag or pin function that lets you place a buy button directly on your items. Not to mention that you can include an entire catalog of your product to make it stand out on the network, making it a good platform for social commerce.
How to start social trading on Pinterest?
Purchase pins, as previously noted, are one of Pinterest’s most essential features for allowing users to effortlessly sell their items by presenting the product together with all relevant information such as its name, price, and stock availability, all of which is automatically updated. To enable the purchasing pins functionality, perform these steps:
1. Begin by adding metadata to your site, which is code that allows Pinterest to automatically retrieve information. Install the wording you need on your product pages after customizing it here.
2. Go to the Rich Pins checker, enter the title or URL of any product on your store, add information, and press Verify once you have the markup. If there are any problems, Pinterest will notify you, and product tags (purchase pins) will show within an hour.
Include photographs with the correct proportions and a 3:2 aspect ratio, since these images will stand out more when searched. In addition, include your business’s emblem in one of the image’s corners, which will aid in the spread of your brand and make it easier for buyers to locate.
Tips to succeed in trading via social networks
To ensure the success of this sort of e-commerce across social networks, you must maintain a fresh understanding of each platform and its own audience, as well as ongoing monitoring and review. You can do it yourself or hire a professional on Fiverr to help you with social media marketing. In both cases, the following suggestions should be followed to improve your brand and increase your sales percentages:
Focus on low-cost products
It is reasonable that less-priced things sell better on social media since people are ready to buy when exploring the site. The lower the price, the more likely buyers are to buy the product directly rather than searching elsewhere and to share it on their pages to reach a bigger audience.
Clothing, cosmetic goods, and home décor are among the best-selling products on social networking sites, according to the eMarketer survey, since they rely on visual marketing and are tied to the everyday lives of social media pioneers.
Find influencers in the community around you
One of the most efficient strategies of social media marketing is to rely on influencers. Influencers and the people in your community can help you build a successful brand. When a celebrity endorses your items, you may expect a big number of new clients.
Similarly, when individuals who know you recommend your items, your circle of prospective clients grows and trust grows. Furthermore, many platforms allow you to sell your items by sharing them immediately on other pages, eliminating the need for several steps.
Make sure to examine your plan on a regular basis.
The purpose of social commerce on social media is undoubtedly to encourage clients to purchase, and the best approach to assess your commercial plan is to first assess the proportion of purchases. However, you should first assess the proportion of emails received from potential clients, the percentage of visitors to your social media accounts, and the number of likes and shares your items receive on social media.